According to the AATA, Art Therapy is an integrative mental health methodology that enriches the lives of individuals, families, and communities through active art-making, creative process, applied psychological theory, and human experience in a therapeutic setting.
So, aside from all the technical jargon, what does that actually mean? Essentially, artistic expression can be a creative way to foster:
- Knowing and being known
- Telling the truth
- Creating safety
- Expressing feelings, hopes, dreams, uniqueness
Art Therapy in Action
Art Therapy for Eating Disorders
Art Therapy for Trauma
Art Therapy for Adolescents
Still not sure if Art Therapy is right for you?
- Could you use help expressing yourself to people around you?
- Do you find talk therapy only helps you express yourself in one way?
- Do you enjoy using your hands?
- Are you a creative person or one who appreciates art?
- Do you find it easier to learn visually or “hands on”?
- Do you often use creativity to problem-solve?
- Do you ever feel like words are not enough?
- Do you sometimes feel stuck or see verbal communication as a barrier?
- Do your feelings seem too messy or blurry to try to figure out?
We Accept Most Major Insurance!
BCBS PPO and EAP, United Health Care PPO and EAP, TRICARE, CIGNA, Aetna EAP & PPO, OPTUM Health, CIGNA EAP, Health Partners, HUMANA, Military OneSource, ASR Health Benefits, Value Options (Beacon Health), Assurance Health…AND MORE
Call today, for your convenience, we will verify your insurance coverage!