Ellen Berry, LPC
Ellen is an outgoing Licensed Professional Counselor who has extensive training and experience working with adults, children, and their families. Ellen received her Master’s degree in Clinical Counseling from Roosevelt University. Ellen’s experience as a front-line crisis intervention counselor with schools, police stations, and hospitals provides her with extensive front-line training in confronting challenges such as managing ungovernable youth and teens in situations such as running-away, locked out, and homelessness. Ellen is experienced in community outreach, has a background as a co-facilitator for SPARCS (Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress) and has training in TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). Ellen has worked in community mental health and has worked with Children and their families as young as 3 years old all the way up to those in their 80’s. Ellen believes in an eclectic approach for counseling and will customize therapeutic techniques to match the individual’s needs. Ellen says: “There is no one size fits all for counseling”.
Ellen finds different approaches helpful to the different clients with which she works. Ellen uses a combination of the following strategies to assist her clients in quickly demonstrating progress and growth:
- Interpersonal counseling (helping promote self-efficacy),
- Humanistic client-centered therapy (helping individuals work to reach their full potential while identifying inner strength, value, and beauty)
- Psychodynamic (building a strong therapist-client alliance to help people manage complicated feelings and situations)
- Mindfulness (developing coping skills to assist in managing symptoms associated with finding inner peace and balance)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (challenging negative thoughts and replacing them with healthier rationalizations to build self-esteem and empowerment)
Ellen works with everyone to customize a plan that will work best for them.
Ellen is accepting new clients at the Lake in the Hills and Schaumburg locations. She can be reached by phone at (847) 854-4333.